Friday, March 11, 2011

Interview Day!

So today I had my interview for the school psychologist position. It was pretty unnerving. I honestly don't know how well I did. The last interview I had at this district I walked away from knowing I had nailed it. This one? Not so much. I can't say that I think I did terrible or exceptional so I'll go with "ok."
They basically only asked me five questions:
1. What is your experience working with moderate to severe populations.
2. What sort of assessment would you do for a moderate-severe student. And what would you do if you couldn't do a cognitive?
3. What do you do if a teacher comes to you wanting an english language learner student to be assessed because they are so low.
4. Describe the RTI model and state it's purpose.
5. Do you have any public speaking experience and would you feel comfortable speaking infront of a group of 100 parents?

The last one was a hoot. I said I did have experience and shared about my backgroup and then said I wouldn't be comfortable but I could fake it. It cracked the question asker up. :)
I'm supposed to hear back next week. So now I shall wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment