Thursday, July 14, 2011

Employment!

There aren't many times in my life that I can think of that a job has literally fallen into my lap, but this one seems to have. One of my internship supervisors took me to a luncheon where he was being honored with an award in an attempt to help me get my name out there. I got introduced to the head of the county schools division who upon seeing who I had interned under offered to email out my resume to all the districts. I took him up on his offer and composed a short but sweet cover letter with my resume stating that I was looking for part-time or contract work (as I am pregnant, the husband and I decided it would be perfect if I could work 1-2 days a week). About a week later I got a call out of the blue from an itty bitty district about 50 minutes out side of town who had got a copy of my resume and called around a bit to check me out. They asked if I was interested in working 1 day a week for their district so I of course replied in the affirmative.

It has been a slow couple of months since that phone call but in that time I have gone out to my adorable little school of 72 student to interview and get a tour, have had my contract approved, and am now waiting for all the paperwork to get to me so that I can get my employment set in stone. I am so excited about this new step. It is perfect for my little family to be, and sounds like a position where I will get to stretch way beyond the typical test and place method.

I am so glad I went to that luncheon!

No comments:

Post a Comment