Friday, May 6, 2011

Winding down

I have become so absent from this blog lately! The last few months were so crazy with gobs and gobs of assessments to complete, IEP meetings, norming, and all of my school requirements to finish off. Thankfully though, things seem to be winding down. I have two more IEP's to get through and two more students to test (their IEP's will be held next school year), it has been such an amazing year. I feel like my competency in the field has be multiplied by 1000! Sure, I still have tons to learn, but I feel so much better about my abilities. We had a meeting between my supervisors, my graduate internship advisor, and myself about a week ago. At which time one of my supervisors said that he no longer feels like he is supervising me and that when I come to him with questions they are more like a colleague asking another colleague a question. He said he felt I was ready to go. It was so wonderful to hear!

I was able to get my thesis project finished up with zero tears and only one revision (hallelujah!) and I sat in my last class last night. It still doesn't feel real that it is over, but maybe it will become more so after graduation tomorrow. People have already asked me if I am going to go back to start my BCBA certification, but I have decided against it for now. I am ready for a break from school for a bit, that 3 year program was amazingly long. I am glad that I did it, but wish that the job market was a bit more promising. Right now I have pretty much zero prospects for next year. I am praying I can find some contract work in order to stay in the fresh in the field and not get rusty. Thankfully, I do not need to find something full time so that may open up my horizons a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment